My Blog List

On Campus Interview: Veeva System 10.24

Applied on the Career Fair and scheduled an On-Campus Interview yesterday.

I was told it is a Java interview. So I tried to warm up Java by touching some website like 'Most Common 20 Java Questions you need to know'. However it is only one morning about 2 hours for me. After figuring out what's the difference between string, stringbuffer and stringbuilder I gave up.

Because last day was Career Fair I was really tired. I got insomnia last night to 3am and got up at 8am. I was really tired during interview and responded slowly.

First question must be a warm up question asked that the difference between abstract class and interface. I thought for ten seconds and then said 'I don't know'. Of course the interviewee was shocked because that's was really a basic question. Then I said I focused on C++. After that we started to talk some others like db and C++.

The programming problem was pretty basic like a median level in Leetcode.

At last we talked about some information about company. It is a cloud computing company focused on life science. Thus of course the intuitive question is does software engineer need any life science knowledge. The answer is no. That's perfect. The reason why Veeva is now focus on life science is that on the one hand there is huge market in this area. On the other hand is because Veeva is still the growing company which would be more competitive if focuses on more detail field. Hence we know the cloud computing used in Veeva is also applied for other fields.

Although I performed pretty bad in the interview, Veeva is a pretty potential company in cloud computing.

(rejected at 11.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment